The Oaks Hotel - Neutral Bay


Atmosphere: The atmosphere at The Oaks is fantastic for a lazy summer afternoon. The Oaks is full of young families and friends catching up for a lunch of a drink in the courtyard. I would suggesting heading hear on a Sunday afternoon with a group of friends for a drink or a bite to eat! I give the Oaks 3 bottles out of 5 for atmosphere.
Drinks/Food: There is a large selection of foods available at The Oaks - IF you're willing to cook your own. If not then the selection is rather slim. If you're feeling a bit lazy (as I was) I would suggest ordering a mixture of entrees and sharing! Overall I give The Oaks 2 bottles out of 5 primarily because I would go to the supermarket if I wanted to cook my own food!
Affordability: As a university student I would rate the affordability of The Oaks quite poorly, with meals costing upwards of $20 (even the cook your own!). However, given the area it is in, the price is somewhat understandable. As such I give The Oaks 2 bottles out of 5.
Location: The Oaks hotel sits right in the heart of the Neutral bay shops with plenty of parking to be found, making it pretty convenient for drivers! However, there isn't much in the way of public transport so I would give it 3 bottles out of a possible 5!
Interior Design: The interior of The Oaks is your standard pub, however outside in the courtyard sits a lovely Oak tree surrounded by Christmas lights - creating a warm and cosy feeling. Overall I'd rate the design 3 bottles out of 5.

Overall judgement: Overall I would rate The Oaks 7 bottles out of 10. Whilst the food is expensive and not overly diverse it is a great spot to catch for a drink with friends on a warm afternoon!

-Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment